Welcome Stranger to OCC!Login | Register

Worker Dies in South Korea Samsung Plant

Category: General News
Posted: March 27, 2014 04:39AM
Author: gebraset

Reports indicate that a 52 year old man who worked for a partner company of Samsung died in Seoul, South Korea, due to carbon dioxide poisoning. Local police and fire authorities stated that the fire extinguishing system located within the Samsung plant malfunctioned and falsely detected a fire, releasing carbon dioxide into the building. Isolated within his work environment, the man died of suffocation due to a lack of oxygen. This death brings forth safety concerns about the Samsung plant located in South Korea after similar accidents have recently occurred.

Source: Yonhap News Agency



Register as a member to subscribe comments.
masterbinky on March 27, 2014 06:16AM
Source says Carbon Dioxide. Carbon monoxide is actually explosive in high concentrations, bad for fighting fires besides being deadly in single digit percentages.
ClayMeow on March 27, 2014 07:23AM
You are correct. I have fixed it for him. Thank you for pointing that out.
gebraset on March 27, 2014 09:04AM
Thank you for pointing that out, as Andrew noted within his reply. And thanks goes to Andrew for correcting the erroneous information in regards to the gas released.

This news has comment postings disabled because it is now archived.

© 2001-2014 Overclockers Club ® Privacy Policy

Also part of our network: TalkAndroid, Android Forum, iPhone Informer, Neoseeker, and Used Audio Classifieds

Elapsed: 0.0238931179