Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Details Unveiled, Accompanied by Teaser Video
It's been exactly one week since Path of Exile's first DLC, Sacrifice of the Vaal, was announced. During this past week, we had to endure not one teaser, not two teasers, but three teasers. How much teasing can one gamer take? Well finally, the teasing is done – sort of.
While the full reveal is still a week away, developer Grinding Gear Games updated its "promotional image" for the mini-expansion, detailing the "specific areas that SotV improves, including a reveal of a new currency item and the names of the new challenge leagues." The details are as follows:
- Wraeclast's Deadliest Enemy: Queen Atziri
- A Threatened Land: Secret Corrupted Areas
- Temptation and Sacrifice: The Vaal Orb
- Power and Corruption: Vaal Skill Gems
- New Challenge League: Ambush
- New Hardcore Challenge League: Invasion
- Free For All PVP: The Sarn Arena
- Let the Blood Flow: Improved Cut-throat Mode
- Relics of the Past: New Unique Items
Presumably, the Vaal Orb is the aforementioned "new currency item" and how you can intentionally corrupt items. As for the Vaal Skill Gems, Grinding Gear posted a ten-second teaser from its internal testing that seems to show off a Corrupted Cyclone, which appears to suck enemies and objects to the player, instead of the player having to move.
Sacrifice of the Vaal goes live March 5, 2014.
Source: Official Site