Final Fantasy Versus XIII Not Canceled, Says Square Enix PresidentCategory: Gaming
Posted: July 24, 2012 03:41PM
Last week came the news of a Final Fantasy XIII announcement in September and the rumor that Final Fantasy Versus XIII had been canceled. Versus XIII has had very little information in the six years or so since being announced, but the cancellation rumor shocked some. However, the rumor was just that, as Square Enix president Yoichi Wada tweeted Final Fantasy Versus XIII has not been canceled. Wada said he has seen a recent build of the game and came away very impressed, so it looks like we may have something on it soon. Perhaps the September 1st announcement will be for Versus XIII and not XIII-3, but we just have to wait until closer to the date. The major thing to take away from all of this, though, is that Final Fantasy Versus XIII has not been canceled and would "knock you off your feet," according to Wada. Both good things, to be sure.