New Version of Catalyst is Out
AMD has now released its newest version of Catalyst, namely the 11.6. It’s said to deliver snappier GPU performance, introduce new features and get rid of various bugs. Radeon HD 6000-series owners can expect around 5-10% increase in speed when running certain configurations in Far Cry 2, H.A.W.X, F1 2010, Crysis and Unigine OpenGL tests. AMD has also added a new post-processing feature named “Steady Video”. It’s based on AMD APP Technology. By using an advanced algorithm, it can help stabilize jittery handheld video footage – including YouTube videos. As of now, the steady feature is only available for owners of a modern AMD CPU, so Intel owners are left outside at the moment.
Resolved issues for Windows 7:
- Flashing titles are no longer displayed when playing F1 2010 in a Crossfire environment.
- Video playback no longer intermittently displays a black screen when using Windows Media Player.
- Graphics and Gaming scores are now correctly computed in the Windows Performance Index.
- A BSOD error is no longer generated randomly when Crossfire is enabled/disabled after video/LCD overdrive settings are changed on HD 6900 series products.
- Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing The Witcher 2 on HD 6800 series products. (when used with AMD Catalyst 11.5 CAP 5 release)
- Screen tearing is no longer randomly seen when playing Riddick 2 at high performance settings and with Crossfire enabled.
- The game King's Bounty now renders correctly.
- The game Empire: Total War now no longer displays random flickering and in-game buttons display correctly.
- Google Earth now performs smoothly in OpenGL mode.
- Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing Cars 2 on HD 6900 series products.
- Sid Meier's Civilization V no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption when played in DirectX 10 mode in a Crossfire environment.
- Heaven 2.1 running in DirectX 11 mode no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption in a Crossfire environment.
- Crossfire is correctly enabled when playing LEGO : Pirates of the Caribbean on HD6800 and HD 6900 series products.
- Poor performance is no longer experienced while playing Heroes of Newerth and when the cursor is moved to the top right or bottom right corner of the screen.
- Mouse cursor corruption (in the upper right portion of the screen) should be resolved