Antec soundscience Speaker System AnnouncedCategory: Speakers/Headphones
Posted: August 31, 2010 08:01PM
This coming Friday, Antec palns to introduce soundscience, a newly formed wholly-owned subsidiary, along with its first product, the soundscience rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system. Antec will be making the announcement at this year’s IFA trade show held in Berlin, from September 3 – 8, 2010. The soundscience rockus is designed to deliver an immersive 3D listening experience similar to 3D video. The speakers use soundscience’s proprietary 3Dsst 3D technology to actively analyze incoming stereo audio signals and intelligently place them into a 3D sound field. The rockus speakers also feature a dedicated music mode to allow you to listen to music with clarity and fidelity.
The soundscience rockus 3D|2.1 speaker system features:
- Anodized aluminum satellites that reduce vibration and minimize distortion, resulting in clear mid and sparkling high-range sound
- Active subwoofer with passive radiator technology, delivering an expansive range of bass comparable to larger footprint subwoofers
- 3D-tuned drivers to deliver audio optimized for soundscience’s 3Dsst technology
- Dual-mode operation: 3D mode for enveloping games and movies, and music mode for faithful stereo music playback
- Optical input for playback of digital audio from game consoles (Xbox 360, PS3) and other, similarly equipped devices
- Remote control pod for volume adjustment, 3D/music mode selection, muting and digital/analog input selection
The soundscience rockus 3D|2.1 speaker system will be available this fall for a suggested retail price of $249.95.