Apple's new iPhone has certainly had its share of growing pains, but this story certainly takes the "pain" aspect to an entirely new level. An unsuspecting iPhone user fell asleep with his new tech toy in his pocket, and awoke to a burning sensation a short time later. When he removed the phone from his pocket, he found that the docking end of the device had actually started to melt - causing damage to both iPhone and owner! Even more alarming, the man said that before he fell asleep, he'd essentially turned the device off. Seems like the kind of thing that Apple would've caught during the Research and Development phase of the 3G's conception.